Monday 2 December 2013

Within My Kit: YSL Chromatics Eyeshadow Palettes


I recently purchased YSL Chromatics Uptown palette in Classy (Palette 9) for my kit and can honestly say it's now become one of my most reached for eyeshadow palettes ever since.  With this in mind, I decided to add to my collection whilst taking advantage of Debenhams Beauty Event this weekend.  As a result I bought Palette 10 from Autumn/Winter 2012 with a silver and golden green tones.  Palette 19 which consists of shades of light and mid pink and deeper plum tones.  Both palettes are extremely wearable and blend out beautifully on application.  

Palette 9 consists of four colours which YSL describe as having been inspired by Uptown buildings such as the Dubai tower or a Manhattan skyscraper, the shades include a sparkling champagne, a satin toned marble, a golden brown concrete and a deep blue steel are neutral and easily wearable.
All shades can be used either wet or dry, used wet, the pigments turn into a cream and metallic.  YSL describe the shadows as consisting of a 75% concentration of pearl and pigment, so when used wet, the water re-hydrates the shadow to release full intensity.

 I've yet to experiment with these shadows wet (something that is on my to do) but having used them dry, the texture and colour payoff gives a easy application. From using the Classy palette(#9)the lighter champagne colour is lovely as a sparkling base where the deeper tones can be mixed and blended to create a smoky eye of varying intensity. 

(Left to Right: #19, #10, #9) 




The full shade range can be seen and purchased here at £39.00 each.






No comments:

Post a Comment